The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Deleted Scenes

A friend brough to my attention that the deleted scenes for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 have been posted to Youtube. I don't think that these are all the deleted scenes but lets take a look and see what we think. (*Please ignore the spanish subtitles. If a non subtitled version pops up I'll replace it with that.)


Scene 1:
Brilliant scene between Harry and Aunt Petunia that was not in the books but maybe should have been. It shows another side to Petunia that we knew was there somewhere. Fans will love it. Cut it.
Scene 2: Dudley's good-bye scene. A definite fan favorite. A little better in the book because of some added lines. This was probably cut because it felt a little awkward and Dudley as a character just feels 'off' here. It's very odd.
Scene 3:
Ministry elevator extended scene. This scene could go either way. It's a good moment. Unfortunate cut.
Scene 4: Tent scene with a small horcrux explanation. What? We cant have Harry knowing what he's doing with these horcruxes...CUT IT!
Scene 5: Skipping stones. Very nice bonding scene between Ron and Hermione. However it has nothing to do with anything. Good cut. But then you see Harry looking into the mirror shard and see Aberforth's eye. Something relevant to the story line later on...CUT IT!

Good job, WB.  *shakes head*

Comments

  1. Your sarcasm for Scene 4 was delightful. Awesome post!
    (and I actually enjoyed the spanish subtitles...can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can see it all in Spanish!)
    -Juan

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thank you very much, Juan!
    I've watched a few other movies in other languages but not HP. How are the voices they get for the characters? It bothered me when I saw one movie where are the voices were just completely off. I bet they do it well with HP though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're actually not bad! I didn't really find any of the voices to be off-putting, although it's hard for them to capture certain nuances...Spanish Snape in particular couldn't really match some of English Snape's tones and inflections properly.

    I confess when it comes to him, I find myself watching him in Spanish, rewinding, switching to English and rewatching his scene, then going back to Spanish.

    If you ever give it a try, let me know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment