Skyward Sword Launch Event at Nintendo World

On November 19th Nintendo World in NYC held a launch event for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and I was there to celebrate the new game with all the other die hard fans. I wanted to take a moment to share a few of the photos that I took from the event as well as some of the media coverage held at the event. I also acknowledge that I am in all the videos I am sharing but I am taking a moment to reflect on the event as an attendee. I attended the event in my Link cosplay (from Twilight Princess) and had a fantastic time. Nintendo World set up a trivia game that was scattered around the store and had a replica Master Sword set up for fans to take a photo with as well as plenty of game stations with the Skyward Sword demo for people to play. One employee even walked around with a Hylian Sheild sent over from Nintendo that looked gorgeous (similar to the one Miyomoto had at E3 in 2004 when he came on stage for Twilight Princess).

Between the great people at Nintendo World and the different organizations that met up at the event, everyone had a great time. StreetPass NYC (NYC's 3DS Street Pass group) attended the event and put on their own trivia contest and cosplay contest (which I was one of the winners for which made me quite happy). Zelda Dungeon was there shooting some interviews for their site and even Comedy Central showed up to interview people while playing the game to composite into two commercials (which came out great!!).
*After extensive searching it appears that I am the only person to have recorded these two Comedy Central commercials off the television. I did give one other person permission to use my copies of the recordings.

Myself as Link posing w/ the Master Sword.

Take a look at more photos, videos and both Comedy Central commercials inside the post!








You can check out all my photos of the launch event in my Flickr set.

Comedy Central Commercial 1 (I say I like the bird flying)


Comedy Central Commercial 2 (I talk about how the game is all motion plus controls and that it is epic)


StreetPass NYC - Cosplay Contest Winners Interview (I was one of a few winners. Interviewed here with a friend, Nicole.)


Zelda Dungeon covers the launch event and interviews fans. (I am interviewed at 9 minutes.)

Comments

Post a Comment