Amy and Rory confirmed to leave Doctor Who

While at the screening for the upcoming Christmas episode of Doctor Who at the BBC TV Center in London, Executive Producer Steven Moffat officially made the announcement that the current companions to the Doctor, Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill), will soon be leaving the show next year.

"The final days of the Ponds are coming," Moffat said.

"I'm not telling you when or how, but that story is going to come to a heartbreaking end."
He said the Doctor, played by Matt Smith, was going to meet "a new friend". It is believed that role has not yet been cast.

On the departure of Gillan and Darvill, Matt Smith said: "We had the most incredible journey. We took over the show and we've really had to hold hands and help each other through it. 
As a fan of the show, I really enjoyed having Amy and Rory aboard the TARDIS. It was refreshing to have not one but two companions on the TARDIS and furthermore companions who stuck around for more than a season. I can only hope that they receive truly worthy exits to the show, even if it will be heartbreaking. I think it's come to the point where we have known the characters for too long for it to be anything but heartbreaking but we'll have to wait and see what Moffat has in store for our faithful companions.

Source: BBC News

Comments

  1. it's always so bittersweet when a companion leaves but I haven't even seen the last season because I missed it on BBCAM and I don't know where to watch it online...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it can be more heartbreaking than Ten/Rose but we'll see.
    I'll see if I can get you a link, Cait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment