Meet David Morrissey as The Walking Dead's Governor in his first official photo

The Governor from The Walking Dead comics
Fans of The Walking Dead on AMC will be happy to see that the first official photo of David Morrissey on set as The Governor has been released. Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead comic, had the following to say to fans who are worried that AMC's version of the Governor may not live up to his comic counterpart.  
"The Governor in the show is definitely going to be The Governor in the comic," Kirkman told us following the Season 2 finale. "I think that he's definitely going to be a character that people love to hate and are absolutely entertained by, but also somewhat terrified of. He's definitely going to be a very important character and a very nuanced character. We are not going to be watering him down."
At first glance at the photo, I am just not sure what to think. My initial reaction to the casting remains the same as I always pictured the Governor as a Hispanic character. I don't know why but he always looked like it to me. Secondly, David Morrissey in this picture is just to 'clean' to really capture the Governor for me.  



Source: TV Guide

Comments

  1. I don't read the comics but I'm excited about having a new bad guy to hate! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment