Get ready to see a lot more of the TARDIS interior on Doctor Who!

Get ready to let out a cheer of excitement, Doctor Who fans! It's being reported that the title of Stephen Thompson's episode in the second of of the seventh season of Doctor Who is titled "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS". This title of course implies that fans will get to see a lot more of the TARDIS than we have seen in the current series.

Fans of the classic series of Doctor Who will know that rooms of the TARDIS interior used to be a regular sight on the show. However, since the series has returned all fans have seen are the console room, some random corridors ("The Doctor's Wife"), and a wardrobe area above the console room ("The Christmas Invasion").

It was also revealed by upcoming Doctor Who guest star Ashley Walters that, "in our episode it'll be the first time people get to see so much of the Tardis." This was shared with Radio Times after he spoke about his experience on the show and almost getting fired.
"I nearly got sacked on my first day because they're really strict about it. I was in my costume lying down on the sofa and I just tweeted a photo with the word 'space' — I didn't say anything else. Five minutes later I had execs knocking on my door saying, 'what are you doing?' And then I realised there were signs everywhere saying 'don't tweet'."
Does the promise of getting to see more of the TARDIS interior excite you? What rooms would you be most excited to see make it into the episode?

Source: Radio Times


Comments