Arkham Daycare!

Batman fans will definitely want to check out this brilliant piece of art from Paul Hostetler that shows us Arkham Daycare where Batman's biggest villains are all being looked after while their parents are getting some much needed time away from them. The characters themselves are drawn perfectly and the concept behind the drawing is fantastic.
"L'il Arkham Daycare.  There are a bunch of l'il superhero art things (that's what they're called now) out on the web, but they all seem so darn literal in taking characters and smushing them into smaller versions, so I wanted to do something different and portray the Batman crazies as ACTUAL mayhem-causing tots, wrecking up Arkham Daycare for the Criminally Insane (A.K.A. Children).  So a little thanks is in order to l'il Maggie Prevatt, whom I modeled l'il Harley Quinn after.  I swear, she is that cute.

In the background you can see traces of l'il Penguin and l'il Catwoman, since I don't think they're Arkham natives, and l'il Killer Croc and l'il Mr. Zsasz I couldn't think of "L'il" versions of.  Only typing this do I realize that I forgot Mr. Freeze, and that he'd be the perfect "I don't want to play" friend for l'il Bane in the corner there.  Oh well."
Which is your favorite little insane Gothamite in this piece of art?


Source: P.Hos' Art

Comments