Christopher Eccleston returns to Doctor Who - but not in the way you'd expect.


By now fans of Doctor Who are well aware that Christopher Eccleston has turned down the opportunity to return for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special.

However, fans may be excited to know that Eccleston will still be reappearing on the show this season! It just may not be in the form that they would expect. Eccleston will be making his appearance in next week's episode "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS".  It is being reported that fans will hear Eccleston's voice say "The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through these doors, and believe me, they've tried," which is a line taken from the 2005 premiere episode of Doctor Who titled "Rose".

So this kind of return may be just a big tease but it's still cool that we'll be hearing from the 9th Doctor in next week's episode. Are you excited for this news or do you feel like this spoken line could have been left out and not teased fans?

Source: TV3

Comments

  1. I will miss his great voice. I know longer get this channel. I love to hear him talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be able to catch the scene online :) It'll be great to have him back even if its just his voice.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited. I'll take Eccleston any way I can get him. Even if just a voice or flashback. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's great that he's going to be acknowledged in some form. I'm wondering how they line will be used in the episode. Like if it'll be a background thing or a focal point for the scene.

      Delete

Post a Comment