Gal Gadot responds to fans' concerns about her casting as Wonder Woman.


Actress Gal Gadot was recently cast as Wonder Woman in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" film and fan reactions have been widely split. Gadot has now voiced her opinion in an interview with the Israeli TV show "Good Evening with Gai Pines". In the interview she expresses how she feels about some of the issues that fans have been bringing up like her weight/muscle tone and her smaller figure.  
"It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change? 
Hmm. I represent the Wonder Women of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic.
So you’re not going to gain a little weight and start eating carbs before filming begins? 
It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regime – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass."
I have to say that I am, at the moment, okay with Gadot casting. I have seen actors and actresses go through some big transformations in order to get the proper look for a role so I am excited to see how she will look once she is complete with her training. Fans out there have to accept the fact that whether they like it or not, Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman. Let's give her a chance.

Source: Batman News

Comments