Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling regrets the relationship between Ron and Hermione.

Actress Emma Watson, who played Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, recently interviewed author J.K. Rowling as a guest editor for the magazine "Wonderland". Some very surprising information surfaced during the interview that may spark debates amongst Harry Potter fans.

During the interview Rowling admitted that looking back she feels that she should have put Harry Potter in a relationship with Hermione Granger instead of Ron Weasley like it is in the finished books. Not only does she feel that Harry and Hermione should have been together but they should have gotten married at the end of the series. This is the kind of information that fans have speculated on and hoped for when the books were being written and now that Rowling has said it herself, you can bet there will be a good amount of chatter among fans. 
"“I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment,” she says. “That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”
“I know, I’m sorry,” she continued, “I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I’m absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people’s hearts by saying this? I hope not.”"
To push the topic further Rowling put more of your personal thoughts on the table by stating that she feels that Ron and Hermione would have eventually needed relationship counseling.

This is my own personal opinion but I really wish Rowling would just stop talking about her personal thoughts about the series in which changes the content of the books. (*Controversial opinion time!*) If it is not in the books or other canon sources then it just doesn't need to be added. In my opinion Ron would have done everything in his power to make Hermione happy and be a great father for their two kids. They did not need relationship counseling. Furthmore, to me, Professor Dumbledore is not gay. It is NOT because I do not want him to be but because it is not in the books. Adding these bits of information after the fact changes the way in which fans and readers look at the characters and if you wanted them to be viewed in such a manner then it should have been in the source material. But again, this is just my opinion and does not express my views on society but instead just one single character.

How do you feel about this new information that J.K. Rowling has shared with fans?

Source: Hypable

Comments

  1. I agree. Should just leave well-enough alone. I always thought Dumbledore and McGonagall had some secret thing going on, to be honest, and I thought the Ron/Hermione pairing was perfect. I completely agree that Ron would have done everything in his power to make Hermione happy and take care of his kids. Every relationship has rough patches, so I'm sure they'd have their share of fights and such, but it wouldn't be bad enough to the point where they would need counseling. I mean, seriously, look at Book 7, when Ron disappeared and left Harry and Hermione together. He came back, FOR HERMIONE.

    If Ron hadn't been paired with Hermione, I feel like his role in the entire series would have been utterly pointless, because he would've constantly felt like the third wheel when he was with Harry and Hermione, which would have put a damper on his and Harry's relationship. And not to mention Ginny and how she had a thing for Harry from the first time she met him. She'd have been utterly devastated, and Ron would probably have whooped Harry's tail to Godric Hollow and back for breaking his baby sister's heart... and I don't think Hermione and Harry would have made a good pair anyway, since they seemed too much like brother and sister, to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment