Possible new companion is cast for Doctor Who!


It appears as though the Doctor may be getting a new companion on the hit British sci-fi show Doctor Who. The BBC announced that actor Samuel Anderson will be playing a character named Danny Pink, who also happens to be a teacher at Coal Hill School (the same school where current companion Clara Oswald is teaching and where companions to the first Doctor, Ian and Barbara, taught).

Steven Moffat had this to say about the announcement of the character:
"For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the First Doctor. These days it’s the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi’s first series of Doctor Who!"

Actor Sam Anderson is quite excited to be a part of the show stating,
"I was so excited to join Doctor Who I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started! It’s a quintessential part of British culture and I can’t believe I’m part of it. It’s an honour to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can’t wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"
Not much is known yet about the character himself but I am excited to hear more information as it comes. How do you feel about the Doctor possibly picking up another companion? And if not a steady companion, what role do you think the character Danny Pink will play in the story?

Source: BBC

Comments