Jaw dropping 17 minute metal tribute to the history of video games! [video]

There's no shortest of metal tributes on YouTube but YouTuber FamilyJules7X has created one that definitely stands out! He created a 17 minute tribute that takes gamers through the history of video games. From games like Pong and Space Invaders, to The Legend of Zelda and Sonic, all the way to Fallout 3 and The Last of Us, this tribute has a little bit of something for everyone.
"I had a ridiculously fun time making this. The covers in the style I was doing them started to drain on me and I had to do something different. I've been planning something like this since the very beginning of my YouTube videos as I was greatly inspired by the Mario Paint video Evolution of Video Gaming, not to mention people like Fredde Gredde who put countless songs in one video and still made it enjoyable regardless of the length. I hope this video does everything I hoped it would for you and really take you on a journey through the amazing short life video gaming has had since 1972. 
These past 4 years have been a journey for me and this was the best way to repay you guys in my eyes. Because of your support, I have had opportunities to do things I couldn't have ever dreamed of and even when I was worried this video wouldn't get done, or spending countless minutes I didn't have nailing a riff, I knew that this video would be my greatest thank you possible to the worlds most amazing fan base. 
Song List:
0:07 Pong
0:17 Gunfight
0:21 Space Invaders
0:30 Pac-man
0:37 Frogger
0:46 Dig Dug
1:01 Phozon
1:10 Tetris
1:34 Super Mario Bros
2:01 Legend of Zelda
2:32 Punch-Out!!
2:55 Super Mario Bros. 2 - Character Select
3:11 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3:36 Super Mario World - Athletic Theme
4:04 Sonic - Scrap Brain Zone
4:20 Street Fighter II - Vega's Theme
4:45 Mortal Kombat
5:17 Star Fox
5:52 Donkey Kong Country - Gang-Plank Galleon
6:04 Donkey Kong Country 2 - Snakey Chantey
6:24 Pokémon - Gym
6:48 Goldeneye
7:26 Ocarina of Time - Intro
8:08 Medal of Honor
8:39 The Sims
9:10 Animal Crossing
9:42 Battlefield 1942
10:14 Wind Waker
10:39 World of Warcraft - Song of Elune
11:05 Civilization IV - Baba Yetu
11:41 Twilight Princess - Hyrule Field
12:29 Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
12:54 Fallout 3
13:23 Braid - Downstream
13:43 Mass Effect 2 - Suicide Mission
14:11 Skyrim - Sons of Skyrim
14:41 Super Hexagon - Focus
15:00 Last of Us
15:21 Dark Souls II - Longing"
I can't express how awesome this tribute is to give it proper justice. You just have to sit back and enjoy!



Source: YouTube - FamilyJules7X

Comments