Pierce Brosnan reveals that he turned down the role of Batman from Tim Burton!


Actor Pierce Brosnan has revealed some surprising information in his recent Reddit AMA ("Ask Me Anything"). The actor may be best known for playing the British spy James Bond but it appears that he could have also been the Dark Knight in Tim Burton's original Batman film!

Director Tim Burton offered Brosnan the role however for the 1989 film but Brosnan thought that the character would never be taken seriously on the big screen. Here is what Brosnan had to say about turning down the role as Batman:
"Yes, I did. I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman. But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I? Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed..."
How do you think Brosnan would have effected the film and the fans' reactions to it? Can you see a younger Pierce Brosnan as Bruce Wayne/Batman?

Source: Reddit

Comments