Paul Feig announces the cast for the Ghostbusters reboot!


It looks like Paul Feig has chosen his cast for the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot that is scheduled to start shooting this summer.

Actress Melissa McCarthy has signed on to be in the film and negotiations are officially underway to sign on Kristin Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. Though the latter three have not yet signed on, they are expected to when terms can be made. Unless something drastic happens during negotiations, this is the new cast.

This news will surely split the Ghostbusters fandom with those that are excited for the all female team and those that think this is too much of a change from the original. There is of course the third camp of fans who feel (females aside) that the casting itself is also laughable.

I am not yet sure how I feel about this news but I can say that I am officially nervous for the franchise. I absolutely love this franchise and at the moment cannot see this cast delivering the same stellar performance that the original cast did. Between the comedy and the seriousness that the film had it was perfect. I'm not sure if these women will be able to bring that balance. I also wonder if this new film will be more sci-fi or more comedy.




How do you feel about this casting announcement? Are you excited for the female cast? Would you have cast different leading ladies? Or would you have went with a male/female combination perhaps? Let me know in the comments.

Source: Twitter - Paul Feig
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Comments