Miles Morales will be our new Marvel Comics Spider-Man in Spider-Man #1 this fall!


Marvel has officially announced that when the "All New, All Different" Marvel Comics universe launches this fall that Miles Morales will be returning as the official Spider-Man in the all new comic Spider-Man #1. Writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli will be in charge of the new comic and shared their thoughts on the project with Marvel.com.

See what Bendis and Pichelli had to say inside the full article.

Bendis and Pichelli should make an amazing team for the new Spider-Man comic. Marvel starts out by asking them how it feels to be writing the new book and how it feels to be writing about Miles Morales again.
"Marvel.com: The SPIDER-MAN series is sort of a homecoming for you both, with Sara having been away from Miles’ solo series for some time now. How does it feel coming back together to work with the Ultimate Spider-Man on Marvel’s All New, All Different SPIDER-MAN? 
Brian Michael Bendis: This is a very big deal to us. Miles is our baby. Sara and I had a baby! [Laughs]. And for our baby to have grown up and flat-out earned his place in the Marvel Universe, as Spider-Man, is frankly so much more than we could have hoped for when we first sat down to design him and his life. When it became clear that I was going to follow Miles into this new adventure, I was really hoping that Sara would see the value in it being both of us that do this together. I was thrilled that she agreed immediately. 
Sara Pichelli: In 2011, when I worked on the very first issues of the Ultimate Spider-Man book, I couldn’t even imagine that I was helping create what quickly became an instant-classic. I feel proud and lucky at the same time that Brian and the Marvel team chose me to be part of that. 
Now it’s time to tell the next story about a new milestone in Miles’ life, and I must say, it feels so natural to be working again next to Brian on this. Like I did the first time, I’ll work my ass off to draw the amazing story that Brian is writing for our Miles."
The interview moves to Bendis asking what his thoughts are that Miles Morales was chosen to be the official Spider-Man and how it made him feel.
"MARVEL: Brian, this one is for you. It seems there were going to be some winner and losers, so to speak, in terms of which characters from the Ultimate Universe would be carried forward into the All-New Marvel Universe. It may seem obvious to some, but can you talk about why Miles Morales was at the forefront of those choices? 
Brian Michael Bendis: Though it would seem that I fought very hard to keep one of my babies from extinction during this event, what happened was that I was sitting in a room where people were discussing the future of the Marvel Universe and one of the characters that was a lock was Miles.  I didn’t even have to bring it up, let alone fight for it.  He was coming to the [Marvel Universe].  It was quite flattering. 
This is a direct result of the grassroots, passionate response to the character as both an individual and what he represents to the readership.  This is a direct result of very loud voices telling Marvel what they want. Miles, a child of color, will be Spider-Man. Not Ultimate Spider-Man, not Spectacular Spider-Man, not Amazing Spider-Man—Spider-Man."
I am a little bummed that Peter Parker will be gone but having Miles Morales as the official Spider-Man should bring forward some really interesting stories that I am definitely looking forward to. How do you feel about Miles becoming the new official Spider-Man? Will you miss Peter Parker?

Be sure to check out the full article in the source link below.

Source: Marvel

Comments