Ben Affleck backs out of directing The Batman.


In a surprise move actor and director Ben Affleck has backed out of directing the upcoming film The Batman. I think the worrisome thing here is that Affleck had previously stated he would only direct the film if the script was good. However, sources are saying that the decision was made based on what was best for the film.

While talking to Variety, Affleck stated,

"“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions. Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”"
Warner Bros. Studio is supporting Affleck's departure as director and both the studio and Affleck seem to be excited about moving forward with the project with Affleck starring in the title role. Do you think it was a smart idea for Affleck to step down so that he could focus on bringing his strongest performance to the role?

----------------
Show your support by "liking" and following my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Get the latest news and fun conversations! Facebook and Twitter - RealmBeyondS

Source: Variety

Comments